- Contract Period
- A contract may be issued for one (1) or two (2) semesters
or for twelve months.
- For a given Doctoral or M.F.A. program, students may be
awarded an assistantship for no more than twelve (12) semesters
or, for those on twelve-month contracts, no more than four (4)
- Variations from the nine-month and twelve-month contracts
must be approved by the Dean of the College of Graduate
- Fiscal Year Appointment: The work period is from July 1
through June 30.
- Academic Year Appointment: The Fall semester work period will
begin one day after the University Convocation and end the day
before Fall graduation. The Spring semester work period will
begin on the Monday preceding the day classes begin and end the
day before Spring graduation.
- Semester Appointment: The work schedule follows the
appropriate semester in Section 3 above.