Student Internship Opportunities
An internship through the Management and Marketing Department offers students unparalleled
opportunities to gain real world experience and apply what is learned in the classroom.
More and more, prospective employers are expecting internship experience when hiring
because that experience can demonstrate initiative, productivity and the ability to
- Marketing or Management majors
- Must have at least a 2.5 overall grade point average
- Senior standing (90+ hours)
- Student must earn the internship position by securing part-time employment with an
academically approved Internship Sponsor (employer)
Company Intership Position
- Must be academically approved by the Management and Marketing Department.
- Part-time position requires a student to work between 15 and 25 hours per week during
Fall or Spring semesters. Work in summer semesters may be full-time.
- Work should be a new learning experience for the student intern (i.e., should not
be a job the student holds currently of has held previously).
The Student (Intern) agrees to:
- Work a minimum of 225 hours for three hours of college credit (12-25 hours per week).
- Summer - work a minimum of 2 months in the summer regardless of the number of hours earned
(must work until July 15th)
- Fall - work a minimum of 3 months int the fall semester (must work until December 1st)
- Spring - work a minimum of 3 months in the spring semester (must work until April 1st)
- Act in a professional manner, maintain confidentialities, be open to constructive
criticism through the internship, and comply with the rules, policies, and regulations
of the employer.
- Maintain a daily journal (for each day worked) of internship activities and personal
reflections (analysis of experiences) which may be reviewed by the student's supervisors.
- Complete Written Project by the designated due date.
Ms. Laura Buckner
How to Contact Ms. Buckner:
E-mail: Ms. Laura Buckner
Phone: (615) 898-2370 or 898-2736
PO Box 75
Middle Tennessee State University
Murfreesboro, TN 37132
In-Person: Business and Aerospace Building N234
For a listing of internship openings, please visit www.mtsu.edu//career. Click on the link to Lightning JobSource. After registering on the site, internship
searches are available, along with full- and part-time job openings, career recruitment
on campus and other valuable information.
Find up-to-minute information on Facebook. Search "MTSU Management and Marketing."