MS Imagine Academy
As a MS Imagine Academy member institution, MTSU is able to provide it’s faculty, staff and students access to Microsoft’s Imagine academy: a collection of learning resources, self-paced tutorials and certification exam preparation materials. The materials are categorized into Productivity, Computer Science and IT Infrastructure materials where users can search a catalog of over 250 tutorials for self-directed learning. Tutorials include:
Office 2010/2013/2016, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher, Access, OneNote, SharePoint
Software Development, Web Development, Microsoft.NET, Gaming, HTML5, Software Testing
Windows, Windows Server, Networking, Database Fundamentals and Security
Ways to interact with the Imagine Academy materials
There are multiple ways that users can interact with the Academy materials:
Users can explore the catalog of courses and view self-paced tutorials on a wide variety of topics; upon completion of a tutorial, users can print a “Completion Certificate” to document their learning. Click on Learner Access on the left.
Faculty can create a collection of tutorials; send a “Learning Plan” to their students and follow the progress as students complete the learning, or click on Faculty Access and submit a request form.
Download materials from the “Microsoft Offical Academic Curruculum (MOAC)” and incorporate those materials into their classes.
Official MS Certifications
As part of a MTSU and TBR “Imagine Academy” initiative, members of the MTSU Community may be eligible to take certification exams at no cost:
- Microsoft Office Specialist (Word, Excel or PowerPoint 2013 & 2016) – available to students, staff and faculty
- Microsoft Certified Educator – for staff and faculty only
To request to take one of the certification exams:
- Complete one or more of the Imagine Academy tutorials to prepare for taking the exam;
upon complete of tutorial (s), print a “completion transcript” which will be used
to verify that you are part of the MTSU/ITR Imagine Academy.
- Prior to your testing appointment, create a certiport testing account. Do NOT progress to the sections scheduling a payment for an exam.
- Contact the University Testing Center (898-2743) to request the exam.