BANNER SPACE RESERVATION CALENDARS:
[ KUC Columns ] [ KUC Patio Rails ]
Banner reservation applications can be downloaded here .
The following conditions must be met in order to receive banner approval:
• Banner space may be utilized only by Registered Student Organizations or MTSU Departments for the purpose of advertising their events and/or promoting their organization.
• Banners may be displayed two (2) consecutive weeks unless approved by the Dean of Student Life or his/her designee.
• Banners are limited to one per organization unless approved by the Dean of Student Life or his/her designee.
• Banners made for the KUC patio rails will be hung and taken down by MT Unions staff. Please drop off banners to the KUC Information Desk (located on the 2nd floor of the KUC) no later than the day before your reservation. Please note the following concerning banners specified for SGA Elections and Homecoming: Banners must be displayed horizontally in front of the KUC and may not exceed 3' x 5' (feet), check the SGA Election Packets for more information.
• Banners made for the KUC columns must be professionally made and have metal grommets. A University account must be provided in order to get the banner hung. The organization will incur a cost from Facilities Services to hang and remove the banner. Banners to be hung on the columns must be turned into MT Unions staff no later than 5 business days prior to the first date of the reservation so that a work order can be placed with Facilities Services to provide the banner hanging service. Bungee cords are provided by MT Unions for the purpose of hanging banners. Banners that do not meet this criterion will not be hung. Please note: The banner hanging service provided by Facilities Services is weather dependant, so the banner may or may not be hung by the first day of the reservation. Banners must be no bigger than 12 ft. in width for the main column and 6 ft. for the side columns.
• Banners hung at the KUC must be retrieved from the KUC Information Desk no later than five (5) business days following the removal date. MT Unions is NOT responsible for banners left after 5 days, and is not responsible for the loss or damage to any banner.
• Banner space is available on a first come, first serve basis. No exceptions.
YARD SIGNS & OTHER OUTDOOR ADVERTISING:
Yard signs advertising or promoting products, events, or services by unaffiliated groups or individuals or by commercial enterprises are prohibited. Only registered student organizations and departments are authorized to post yard signs. Yard signs are allowed in most locations on campus, with the exception of all campus roundabouts and the President's Lawn. Yard signs must not block or protrude onto any sidewalks or accessibility to any walkway on campus. Yard signs must be removed by sponsoring organization after event concludes.
Sidewalk chalk is NOT permitted on campus grounds. Chalking is treated as a police offense for Destruction of Public Property.
KUC DISPLAY CASE:
The display case located in the KUC second floor lounge is available for reservations to MTSU Departments and registered student organizations for the purpose of promotion of events and organizational displays.