• MTSU Student Unions
    Student Union Building
    Keathley University Center
    James Union Building

KUC Theater

KUC TheaterThe KUC Theater hosts a variety of events including films, panels, lectures, comedians, and conferences.

Room Features

  • 2,455 square feet
  • Stage: 438 square feet
  • Capacity: 304
  • Dimmable house and stage spot lights
  • Built in screen on stage (9x20)
  • Stage curtain
  • Standing podium
  • Piano
  • Built in writing tablets on seats
  • Ethernet port on stage
  • 7 electrical outlets
  • Three double door fire exits
  • Stage left entrance



Note: A technician must be provided by MT Production Services in order to operate this equipment.

  • House Sound System
  • Video Projector
  • CD/DVD/Tape playing capabilities
  • Wired and wireless microphones


Fire Code Information

The use of fog/smoke/hazer machines in MTSU facilities requires the approval of MTSU's Environmental Health and Safety Officer. Upon approval, the fire alarm system must be adjusted by a State Certified Technician. There is a charge for this Service. Please contact MTSU's Environmental Health and Safety Inspector at (615) 898-5784 for more information. Requests for system adjustment must be submitted to the Environmental Health and Safety Office at least 10 days prior to the event via a work order and an account number must be provided. A State Certified Fire Watcher will be required during the time the system is offline. The current charge for a State Certified Fire Watcher is $65.00 per hour.

Concerts & Event Security

Due to fire, safety, and building codes, full-scale concerts and performances are not permitted in the KUC Theater. At the determination of the Venue Event Coordinator and University Police, certain events may require an officer on duty. Therefore, the client may incur a fee.

Film and Movie Rights

Federal law dictates the use of copyrighted materials. Videos and DVD's purchased or rented by an individual or organizations are for personal use only. "Public performances" are not permitted under Federal law. Public performance settings include the KUC, JUB, outdoor screenings and spaces in academic buildings. Only classes for academic credit or those restricted to enrolled class members may show films in these spaces without creating a public performance.

In order to show a film publicly on campus one must obtain a "public performance license" from the film's distributor prior to the screening. There is a fee for the license, and fees can be substantial depending on the film, size of the audience, and number of showings. Showing a film free of charge does not remove the licensure fee requirement.

If you are interested in showing a film on campus, please contact the MTSU Films Council in the Student Programming office located in STU 340 or they may be reached by phone at (615) 898-2551. The Films Committee chairperson will contact you with the film information and pricing.

For more information regarding copyright law: http://www.mpaa.org/contentprotection/public-performance-law
Campus Film Distributor: http://www.swank.com/

Rental Rate for Outside Clients

Per Day Rate $300.00