Now That You Have Moved Off-Campus
The Landlord must:
- Keep your residence up to codes, i.e. health, building and housing.
- Keep your residence structurally sound, i.e. windows, floors, walls, roof, etc.
- Keep the plumbing in working condition.
- Provide for the extermination of bugs, rats, etc.
- Provide heating device and running water (hot and cold).
- Provide smoke detection device.
- Provide for removal of garbage from the premise.
NOTE: It is optional for the landlord to pay utilities, water, telephone bills, Internet,
etc. However, these options must be stated clearly in the lease.
The Tenant must:
- Keep the residence clean and comply with housing and health codes.
- Keep the residence free of garbage by removing it from the unit.
- Keep all plumbing and electrical components in good repair (by informing the landlord
immediately of the need for repairs).
- Keep from damaging or defacing the residence.
- Keep the peace (do not disturb others).
- Keep from abusing the residence in anyway.