Submit to Off Center
Users will need to create an account and can submit their work through the portal.
For the Written Word:
We welcome content across a variety of genres, including essays, personal writing, creative nonfiction, all kinds of fiction-fiction, and poetry. We aren’t totally sure what we love until we read it, so send it to us and let us fall in rapture with your work.
If the pen and ink thing isn’t your passion, we also publish creative works from a variety of alternative medias, from art (painting, photography, digital media creations), and, for our 2017 edition, videos, music, and other media. Not sure if you have what we are looking for? Well, neither are we: submit and see. All vsual pieces should be in a high-resolution jpeg or sent to us in a link (such as to your YouTube or Dropbox page)
Who can Submit:
We welcome submissions from all members of the MTSU community: students, faculty, staff, and alumni. Applicants do need have to a MTSU email address to apply through our journal platform. If you have problems applying through this platform, please email us your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Things We Really Love:
We encourage our contributors to consider discussing with us -- either in the magazine or in our forthcoming Podcast series -- their creative process. This can be a blurb or a brief statement, but we love to share with others how we create.
We also welcome first-time authors to submit their publications with us: we encourage revision, and this is a platform welcome to that process.
A Note on Copyright, Creativity, and Integrity:
It goes without saying (but we will anyway), that you should be the original creator of your art -- be it written or otherwise, that you have reproduction and publishing rights, and that you are okay with it being published in our magazine. You retain the rights to your work (meaning you are welcome to publish it elsewhere), but know that it will appear on on the internet and will be permanently archived.
FORMAL SUBMISSION GUIDELINES FOR MANUSCRIPTS AND ARTWORK
- All manuscripts must be double-spaced for fiction and nonfiction. Poetry may be single spaced
- All manuscripts should be formatted in a readable (12 point) font, with at least 1 inch margins
- Please include your full name, class standing (or faculty standing) on the manuscript
- For art: please include the medium of composition and the title of the piece (IE: “Photo”/Watercolor)
- All submissions should come through our Journal Platform. Larger submissions (such as a painting or sculpture that needs to be photographed) can be brought to the University Writing Center-- we can help you get your work photographed to appear in the magazine. If you have a video, recorded song, or other media of this nature, you are welcome to email the link to email@example.com