In the process of promoting the timely execution of the University's Academic Master Plan and in recognition of our status as a comprehensive university, our mission is to assist our undergraduate and graduate students and faculty in accomplishing the following:
- Excellence in research, scholarship, creative projects, and public service
- Quality publications, presentations, manuscripts, and productions
- Enhanced extramural funding of sponsored programs from federal, state, and local private and public agencies
- Mutually productive regional, national, and global partnerships with public and private institutions of higher education and industry
- Promote entrepreneurism, technology transfer, and commercialization of intellectual property
- Protect human research subjects and regulate the use and care of animals involved in research
- Uphold and enforce federal, state, local, and institutional policies and procedures governing the effective execution of grants and contracts and the proper conduct of research and scholarship
- Continue the improvement of research infrastructure in the University
- To seamlessly integrate discovery and innovation into the University's primary mission of providing excellent education and training to its undergraduate and graduate students.
- To create an environment that values the acquisition of new knowledge and the contributions of our faculty and students to this process.
- Successful and timely implementation of the goals of the University's Academic Master Plan
- Excellence in research, scholarship, and creative projects
- Highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Creation and preservation of productive internal and external collaborations and partnerships
- Success in the academic and professional careers of our faculty and students