Frequently Asked Questions
To find answers to frequently asked questions, select from:
- Bursar's Office
- Dining Services, Raider
- Financial Aid & Scholarship Office
- Housing & Residential Life
- Parking & Transportation
- MT One Stop
Answers to the following questions can be found on the Bursar's Office website:
- Where is the Bursar's Office?
- What items should be checked on the online bill?
- What are Anticipated Memos?
- What is confirmation?
- What action fulfills the "confirmation" requirement?
- Should students have a bank account?
- How do I receive my financial aid refund?
- What are the Fee Payment deadlines?
- When are bills available to view on RaiderNet?
- What is the Deferred Payment Plan?
- Are discounts available?
- What are Education Tax Credits?
- What are estimated fee totals?
Answers to the following questions regarding meals on campus can be found at the MT Dining website:
- What is a "meal plan"?
- What are "Flex Dollars"?
- Where can the meal plans be used?
- Where are RFOC and Raider Zone located on the campus?
- Where are Cybercafe @ Woodmore and KUC Grill located?
- Where are the Grab & Go Carts located?
- What is a meal plan exchange?
- What about changing from one meal plan to another?
- What if a specialized diet is needed, such as vegetarian, low sodium, low fat or other nutritional concerns - what are the choices?
- What if the meal plan is not used?
- What if I want to treat my student with something special for his/her birthday, special
occasion, or just a little gift of love for any day?
For further information, contact MT Dining Services:
Office: KUC 204
Office hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday
Phone number: (615) 898-2675
(Please check the site for all up-to-date information on dining services and to submit
your comments, questions, and suggestions.)
Meal Plans and its uses are subject to change. Please contact MT Dining to verify or if you have questions.
Financial Aid & Scholarship Office
Student Services & Admissions Center, Room 260
Telephone: (615) 898-2830
Fax: (615) 898-5167
Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Answers to following questions can be found at the Financial Aid & Scholarship Office website:
- Do students need meet with their counselor to start the financial aid process?
- When should students apply for aid?
- When are the deadlines for financial aid?
- How does the Financial Aid Office communicate with students?
- What is the Verification Process and who is chosen?
- How is the amount of aid a student can receive determined?
- What is the difference in a Federal Subsidized Stafford Loan and a Federal Unsubsidized Stafford Loan?
- How are financial aid funds applied to the students' accounts?
- For what reasons may financial aid awards be adjusted?
- How is Financial Aid Satisfactory Progress determined?
- What are the eligibility requirements and application procedures for Tennessee Education
Lottery Scholarship Program (TELS)?
Answers to the following questions can be found at the Housing & Residential Life website:
- Are students required to live on campus?
- What does signing the housing and residential life license agreement mean?
- Can students request a particular roommate?
- When will students know who their roommate will be?
- When will students know their room assignments?
- What if students want to change rooms, roommates, or halls after they have arrived on campus?
- May I smoke in my room?
- What should students bring to campus?
- Are there items that students are prohibited from having in the residence halls?
- When may students move into the halls for the fall semester?
- What should students know about safety and security in on-campus housing?
- What should residents know about fire safety?
Answers to the following questions can be found at the Parking & Transportation website:
- Do visitors need a permit to park on campus?
- How are students' vehicles registered?
- How often are tickets issued?
- How are tickets appealed?
- What are some of the violations for towing/booting a vehicle?
- When a vehicle is booted/towed for having five (5) or more traffic/parking violations in a semester, does it matter if the tickets have already been paid?
- What do the fees and citation fines pay for?
- What are Parking and Transportation Services hours?
Records Office and Scheduling Center
Answers to the following questions can be found at the MT One Stop:
- How and when does registration for classes occur?
- When is PipelineMT available?
- When may classes be dropped or added after registration?
- How are classes dropped or added?
- How does one get help with registration if a problem arises?
- When will a printout of the classes selected be provided?
- How are grades reported to students?
- How is a transcript of grades obtained?
- What is the Academic Common Market?
- How may we find additional information regarding student records and registration?