- To provide MTSU students and employees with 24/7 access to
all applications they normally use on campus, from anywhere they
have an Internet connection.
- To provide MTSU employees 24/7 access to work-related
- To provide MTSU employees with greater PC uptime and system
- To provide for more timely installation of applications while
allowing PC users to continue using their PCs.
- To help the University manage software licensing.
- To promote a consistent and common look and feel for all MTSU
- To reduce the frequency of PC hardware replacement, saving
the University money.
- To ensure MTSU-related data is never lost through the
utilization of a central backup system.
- To provide MTSU users with greater access to different
operating systems (Windows 7, Windows XP, Linux, 32-bit OS,
64-bit OS, etc.) without the need to upgrade hardware.
- Significantly greater and centralized storage space.
- To enable ITD to provide better support to MTSU PC users by
standardizing on a common desktop image.
- Superior integration with current and future Microsoft
products that MTSU already owns.
- To position the University to implement archive and