Academic departments keep course outlines for all courses offered by the departments. Course outlines for both undergraduate and graduate courses are reviewed and updated regularly using the university curriculum format; course outlines are maintained on file by the department chair. Date of revision should appear on the first page of each outline.
Suggested Syllabus Statements
- Statement on Effective Classroom Accommodations: Faculty Responsibility
- Statement on Maintaining the Tennessee Education Lottery Scholarship
- Statement on Academic Misconduct
- Free Tutoring Information
- Statement On Communication Via Email:
- Example if using D2L: Please use D2L email to communicate during this class. After the term, please communicate via your MTSU assigned MTMAIL account.
- Example if using MTMAIL: All email will be sent to your MTMAIL account. It is your responsibility to check this email frequently and to use the MTMAIL account when communicating with your instructor.
- Statement on Guests in the Classroom
Students may not bring guests or children to the class without prior approval from the faculty/instructor.
- Statement on Animals in the Classroom
Only service animals (dogs and miniature horses) are allowed on campus. Students must register with Disabled Student Services before a service animal is allowed as an accommodation. Faculty and staff must request service animals as an accommodation through Human Resources. See Policy No. 102.
- Statement on Emergencies in the Classroom
Faculty and students who do not follow University policies and instructions during emergencies and emergency drills are individually liable.
- Emergency plans and instructions
A list of safest places for each building during a tornado can be found at the MTSU Alert4U homepage. University instructions during emergencies are sent via email, phone calls, and text messages. University websites will also be updated with the latest information. You are encouraged to plan ahead for emergencies.