Outstanding Teacher Award
The MTSU Foundation has funded Outstanding Teacher Awards for the past forty-five years. The Foundation will fund five awards for $3,000 each again this year.
The plan for making the awards consists of two phases: nominations and selection. Nominations will be made by three groups: alumni, faculty, and students. Selections will be based upon evaluations by students and tenured faculty.
- Faculty need only receive nominations from two of the three groups, but must receive more than one nomination from one of them.
- A faculty member may nominate only one person.
- Faculty may not be nominated unless they are full-time faculty and teaching at least 8 semester hours.
- Faculty nominated must be in at least their fourth year at MTSU.
- Previous award winners are eligible to compete when five years have elapsed since they last received the award.
Recipients for the past five years have been:
|2010 - 2011||Alyson Bass, Rebecca Foote, Meredith Ann Higgs, Shannon Hodge, John Sanborn, Melissa Wald|
|2009 - 2010||Mohammed Albakry, Jessica Carter, Richard Farley, Soraya Nogueira, Wayne Rollins|
|2008 - 2009||Jennifer Caputo, Lawanna Fisher, Derek Frisby, Linda Gilbert, Timothy Graeff|
|2007 - 2008||Charles Higgins, Padgett Kelly, Robb McDaniel, Donald Roy, Kimberly Ujcich-Ward|
|2006 -02007||Craig Cornish, William Langston, Sheila Marquart, Janet McCormick, Jenny Sauls|
A committee representing the Foundation, alumni, SGA, administration, and the faculty will review the qualifications of the nominees to determine if each nominee meets the above criteria. Qualified nominees will be evaluated by their students, department chairs, and tenured colleagues using the Teacher Performance checklists .
The final tabulations are made by computer. In determining the final rating of each candidate, the student checklist constitutes seventy-five percent of the overall rating and the tenured faculty checklist constitutes the remaining twenty-five percent.
Please fill out the online nomination forms which include a digital signature. The forms can then be submitted by email or printed using the buttons at the top.
- 2011-2012 Outstanding Teacher Award - Alumni Ballot
- 2011-2012 Outstanding Teacher Award - Faculty Ballot
- 2011-2012 Outstanding Teacher Award - Student Ballot
Click here for a complete listing of past recipients.