MTSU Planning Committee
Committee Classification: Special Purpose.
Charge: Advise and assist the President in developing effective plans that will help the University carry out its mission.
Report Recipients: President; standard summary reporting.
Nomination: Nominations shall be by college.
Membership: One (1) faculty member from each academic college, one (1) faculty member from the College of Graduate Studies, the President of the Faculty Senate, one (1) Dean, a representative from each Division, the Student Government Association President, a graduate student, and the President of the MTSU Alumni Association or alumnus designee. Faculty members must have completed three (3) consecutive years of service at MTSU; membership is a three (3)-year term.
(1) The committee should be concerned with setting University objectives and priorities that:
(a) assure the identification and assessment of educational outcomes and outcomes, for administrative and educational support services;
(b) assure continuous improvements in outcomes;
(c) identify relevant challenges, opportunities, and problems;
(d) develop immediate and long-range plans for allocation and effective use of human, financial, and physical resources;
(e) consider and recommend action on all issues affecting the organization of academic units, partnerships, centers, departments, schools, and colleges;
(f) monitor the University's performance in achieving its goals.
(2) The following serve as ex-officio members: Vice Presidents, Academic Deans, Associate Vice Provost for Admissions and Enrollment Services, the Assistant Vice Provost for Institutional Effectiveness, Planning, and Research.
(3) The Provost should serve as chair.
- October 13, 2017
- February 23, 2017
- October 31, 2016
- January 27, 2016
- October 16, 2015
- February 11, 2015
- September 24, 2014
- April 9, 2014
- September 25, 2013
- April 25, 2013
- December 5, 2012
- February 1, 2012
- September 7, 2011
- April 6, 2011
- November 1, 2010
- September 14, 2010
- November 16, 2009
- February 20, 2009
- Institutional Effectiveness Planning Cycle Linked to Budget
- Institutional Effectiveness Achievement Reports (IEAR) Annual Timeline
- University Planning Calendar
- THEC Quality Assurance Funding
- Planning Goal Integration Chart 2015-2020
- Mission Revision Timeline
- THEC Data for Institutional Mission Profile Review
- THEC Institutional Mission Profiles, May 2017