The first five steps will need to be completed before any student is accepted into the Clinical Program. The deadlines for complete applications are as follows: March 1, for the Fall semester and October 1, for the Spring semester. Late applicants who meet the admissions criteria may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
1. Complete an Application to the Graduate School and submit, with the application fee, to Graduate Admissions (form can be found in the back of the Graduate Catalog) or on-line at Graduate Application.
2. Submit official transcripts of all college work to Graduate Admissions.
3. Take the Graduate Record Exam (GRE). You may call the MTSU Counseling and Testing Center at (615) 898-2670 for test dates and a registration bulletin or Sylvan Learning Center at 1-800-853-6773. Scores are sent to Graduate Admissions. Code for MTSU is 1466. Visit GRE online at http://www.ets.org/gre.
4. Submit to the Graduate School the Clinical Supplemental Application.
5. Submit to the Graduate School three Supplementary Clinical Reference forms (forms also may be obtained from Psychology Office Room 104 or at (615-898-5192). At least two of these forms should come from faculty who knows you and can attest to your academic abilities. The third can come from someone who has supervised your work, been a colleague, or has known you for at least three years (other than family).
6. The Clinical Admission Committee will review your completed file and make a decision concerning admission. In some cases an interview may be requested.
7. The Clinical Admission Committee will make recommendations to the Dean of Graduate Studies. You will be notified by mail on the decision.
8. If accepted into the program you will be required to notify the clinical program by the date specified on your acceptance letter.