MTSU ALERT: MTSU will remain closed Friday, March 6, due to weather. Classes are cancelled and offices closed. TSSAA games will proceed. Check for more information.

Getting Involved In Undergraduate Research

The following are some of the many ways that you can increase your research training in psychology :

  • Take additional research courses for credit
    • PSY 3990 (Independent Research) -- This course usually involves working with a faculty member on an existing research project. Most faculty who offer 3990 sections encourage or require their students to present their research at a conference. Contact individual faculty members if you are interested in doing Independent Research. Click here to see the names of faculty who regularly supervise undergraduate students. (Student Research Directory)
    • PSY 4080 (Advanced Research Methods) -- This course is required for students in the Pre-Graduate Concentration, but is open to all students.
    • PSY 4000 (Psychology Seminar) -- This course can be taken as a literature review course, working with an individual faculty member. Contact individual faculty members if you think you might want to do a literature review.
  • Present your research at a local, regional, or national conference
  • Submit your research manuscripts to an undergraduate research journal