Brainstorming sessions involving faculty from multiple departments and colleges is one of the ongoing efforts of the Office of Research, including Special Projects personnel and pre-award staff of the ORS.
The OoR would be delighted to host and facilitate brainstorming sessions to narrow in on a fundable idea, put together a proposal, or revise an unsuccessful proposal. Contact Dr Friedli at 494-7669.
Broad Interest Groups (2009)
- Partnerships for Healthy Homes
- NASA-related education
- E4: Energy, Environment, Education, Economics
Specific Interest Groups (2009)
- Building Computers and Communities
- Air Traffic Control Center of Excellence
- Antibiotic-resistant Drug Modeling
- Two page white papers that can be used as a starting point for federal initiatives, competitive proposals, and non-competitive proposals.
- Proposals - competitive or non-competitive
- New or broader centers
- Animation in STEM Teaching (NSF-ITEST)
- Green Building Technical Studies and Healthy Homes Demonstration Grants (HUD)
- Renovation of Laboratory Space for the Natural Sciences at MTSU (NSF-ARI-R2)
Partnerships and Strategic Alliances
Building and maintaining research-related partnerships with institutions and businesses in Tennessee is another of the duties of the Office of Research.
If you would like to develop a research relationship with a company, the OoR can help to schedule, negotiate, and bring in new MTSU partners. Contact Dr. Friedli 494-7669.
- HudsonAlpha Research Institute
- Smyrna Airport
- United Southern and Eastern Tribes (USET)
- ISR Group
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- Oak Ridge Associated Universities/Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory/Southeast Regional Research Initiative (ORNL/SERRI)
- Arnold Engineering Development Center
- Tennessee Valley Authority
- Mind To Marketplace (M2M)