Students who are interested in the DREAM Scholarship must submit the documents and
forms listed below to be considered. Priority consideration will be given to students
who apply for admission, submit test scores and transcripts, and submit a 'Consolidated
Application for Scholarships through Financial Aid & Scholarship Office' by February
The following documents must be on file in the Admissions Office by February 15, 2012,
for priority consideration
- Admission application and any required application fees
- Official ACT and/or SAT test scores*
- Official sixth-semester high school transcript
Applicants must complete and submit a 'Consolidated Application for Scholarships through
Financial Aid & Scholarship Office', available online at http://mtsu.scholarships.ngwebsolutions.com (see detailed instructions below). The scholarship staff will determine whether an
applicant meets diversity requirements, based on the applicant's answers to diversity
questions on the scholarship application. The application must be submitted by February
Applicants must submit a FAFSA by March 1 and have valid FAFSA results on file in
the MTSU Financial Aid Office by March 15. The Free Application for Federal Student
Aid (FAFSA) is available online at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
*Please note the following:
GPA and test scores on file with the Admissions Office at the time of the scholarship
review will be used for awarding purposes. Typically, the 6th-semester GPA and ACT/SAT
scores (without writing sub-scores) through the December test date will be used for scholarship considerations. Only
graduates of eligible Tennessee schools can qualify with a GPA.
How To Apply
Set up a ScholarX account, if you have not already done so.
- Go to http://mtsu.scholarships.ngwebsolutions.com
- Under "First Time Users", click on "Create an Account Here".
- Set up a log-in using your MTSU email address, if you have been assigned one, and
a ScholarX user name of your choice.
- To find your email address, go to RaiderNet ( http://lum4prod.mtsu.edu/cp/home/loginf) and click on "Click here to retrieve your user name and password."
- Your RaiderNet user name will generally be your initials, plus a number and one or
two letters. However, you may choose a ScholarX user name that is different, if you
- Your email address is your RaiderNet user name with "@mtmail.mtsu.edu" added to the
- Remember your password for future use! Each year, you will apply using ScholarX and
will need to remember the email address, user name, and password you used.
Apply for the DREAM Scholarship.
- Applications will be available in late fall (mid-December).
- Complete the application marked "Consolidated Application for Scholarships through Financial Aid & Scholarship Office".
- The scholarship staff will determine whether an applicant meets diversity requirements,
based on the applicant's answers to diversity questions on the scholarship application.
- Be careful to provide correct information for each question! Incorrect info or a question
left blank can prevent you from being considered!
- Applications are due by February 15.
Tie it up.
- After you have submitted a Consolidated Application, click on "Review our answers"
to view a copy of the application.
- We recommend that you keep a printed or electronic copy (such as a PDF on your computer)
of your application for future reference.
Return to the DREAM Scholarship homepage
Updated July 2012