Foundation Scholarships Awarded by the Financial Aid & Scholarship Office
The MTSU Financial aid & Scholarship Office awards approximately 70 endowed Foundation
Scholarships. Some of these scholarships require a scholarship application. Other scholarships do not require a scholarship application. Please note the Fine Print details listed below, which apply to all scholarships awarded by the Financial Aid
& Scholarship Office.
For more information about each scholarship and its criteria, visit our scholarship search tool. Click on "Category Search", then choose Financial Aid as the awarding department.
Click the "Search" button to see a list of all scholarships awarded by the Financial
Aid & Scholarship Office.
Scholarship Application Required
To be considered for the following scholarships, a student must submit a "Consolidated
Application for Scholarships through the Financial Aid & Scholarship Office" by February
Application: Consolidated Application for Scholarships through Financial Aid & Scholarship
- Alice Strickland Memorial Scholarship
- C. Franklin Weakley Scholarship
- Cliff Gillespie Scholarship
- Cullum Family Scholarship
- Dr. Mel and Caroline Scarlett Scholarship
- Gale Jonelle Prince Centennial Scholarship
- Gentry Moffitt Scholarship
- James W. and Martha C. McClendon Memorial Scholarship
- John S. Kleban Scholarship
- Joshua Edgar Huffman Scholarship
- Ken Shipp Scholarship
- Kennon Centennial Scholars
- L/P Bill and Rita Lynch Scholarship
- L/P Blair and Minnie Russell Scholarship
- L/P Bob Womack Scholarship
- L/P Cecil J. Cates Memorial Scholarship
- L/P Dorothy and Robert McLean Scholarship
- L/P Drs. Creighton and Elizabeth Rhea Scholarship I
- L/P Elizabeth and Creighton Rhea Scholarship III
- L/P Ernest and Frances Smith Scholarship\
- L/P Forrest Paschal Scholarship
- L/P Frank and Mary Esther Crosslin Scholarship
- L/P General Leadership Performance Scholarship
- L/P George and Charlotte Gardner Scholarship
- L/P Herman Jackson Memorial Scholarship
- L/P Jack McFarland Memorial Scholarship
- L/P Jerry and Veronica Wauford Scholarship
- L/P Lois and Joe White Smith Scholarship
- L/P Murfreesboro Charity Circle Memorial Scholarship
- L/P Roy and Pearl Verble Scholarship
- L/P Sarah Pinkleton Elrod Scholarship
- L/P Sun Trust Scholarship
- M.G. and Lillie Potts Thompson Scholarship
- President's Ball Scholarship
- Richard Paul Garvin Scholarship
- Rotary Club Scholarship
- Rotary Club Terry Weeks Scholarship
- SouthEast Bank Scholarship
- Tracy Strickland Memorial Scholarship
- Waggoner Foundation Scholarship
- Whitney Stegall Scholarship
[back to top]
No Application Required
To be considered for the following scholarships, a student must meet the stated requirements
by February 15. For freshmen and transfer students who will first enroll in the summer
or fall term, the student must apply for admission and submit all required documents
(application fee, transcripts, test scores for freshmen, etc.) by the deadline to
- Alton Julian Endowed Scholarship
- Aramark Scholarship
- ASCE Scholarship
- Belt Keathley Memorial Scholarship
- Bennie R Jones Memorial Scholarship
- Bertha and JW Orr Scholarship
- Bob Abernathy Scholarship
- Don and Hanna Witherspoon Endowed Scholarship
- Drs. David and Lorraine Singer Scholarship
- Emmett & Rose Kennon Scholarship
- First Generation Endowment Scholarship
- Harpeth Annual Scholarship
- Howard Kirksey Memorial Scholarship
- John Woodfin Scholarship
- Katheryn Hay Scholarship
- Leonard and Sylvia Anderson Annual Scholarship
- Lester Carver Memorial Scholarship
- Mary R. Hoover Endowed Scholarship
- McLean Presidential Scholarship
- Mr. and Mrs. Samuel Licker and Family Memorial Scholarship
- Music City Mustang Club
- R. Eugene and Anne Smith Scholarship
- R. Fred and Cathryn P. Nance Scholarship
- Steve Lannom Memorial Scholarship
- Stones River Auto Club Scholarship
- William and Albert Pallot Scholarship
[back to top]
The Fine Print
- The GPA and test scores used for scholarship determinations will vary, depending on
the student type:
- Incoming freshmen and first-time freshmen who started at MTSU for the current spring
semester: GPA and test scores on file with the Admission Office at the time of the
scholarship review will be used. These typically include the 6th-semester GPA (after
the junior year) and the highest ACT or SAT score through the December test date.
- Incoming transfer students: The GPA on file with the Admissions Office at the time
of the scholarship review will be used. This typically includes grades through the
most recent fall semester; the GPA will be calculated based on an MTSU institutional
formula and therefore may vary slightly from the GPA at your prior institution.
- Current MTSU students (including students who transferred to MTSU for the current
spring semester): The GPA listed on the transcript as "Overall Combined" will be
- For scholarships which require a scholarship application, all applicants will receive
a response in late spring regarding whether they were selected as a scholarship recipient.
For scholarships which do not require an application, only students who receive scholarships
will be notified.
- Award letters will include an agreement form which must be signed and returned.
- Recipients must meet GPA, enrollment and Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements
to maintain continuing eligibility. For more information about SAP requirements,
please visit MTSU's Satisfactory Academic Progress webpage.
- Recipients must be US citizens or permanent residents.
- In the event that MTSU offers multiple scholarships to a student, only one scholarship
from the MTSU Financial Aid & Scholarship Office (including the Buchanan Fellowship)
can be accepted. A student may receive a university scholarship in addition to a
Tennessee Education Lottery Scholarship.
- A student's total aid including scholarships cannot exceed his or her budgeted Cost
of Attendance (COA). If you have questions about your COA budget, please contact your financial aid counselor.
- Due to the nature of endowed scholarships, award amounts and the number of recipients
will vary from year to year; a scholarship may not be awarded for a particular year,
depending on available funding and other factors.
- The awarding of scholarships is based on the availability of funds and the criteria
set forth by the appropriate governing bodies, and is subject to change without notice.
[back to top]
Questions? Please contact us!
Updated December 2012