Transfer Academic Scholarships
(for first time transfers enrolling for the Spring 2014 or Spring 2015 semester)
Visit our Spring Enrollees homepage for information about other scholarship opportunities.
Do you plan to first enroll at MTSU for the spring semester after completing an associates
degree or the equivalent coursework at another school?
While most transfer scholarships are not available to spring enrollees, we are able
to offer a small number of academic scholarships to transfer students who first enroll
in the spring and who meet minimum academic requirements.
Scholarships At a Glance (click on each heading for more details)
Application Requirements and Deadlines
Transfer students who are interested in an academic scholarship for the Spring 2014
semester must have an admission application and an official transcript through the
most recent semester (Spring or Summer 2013) on file in the Admissions Office. Consideration
will be given to students who apply for admission and submit transcripts by October 1, 2013.
(Transferring in Spring 2015? Submit your Spring or Summer 2014 transcripts by October
(Please Note: MTSU offers several other scholarships to transfer students who first
enroll in the summer or fall term, including the Phi Theta Kappa, 2+2, Raider, Honors
Transfer and Transfer Diversity Scholarships. We encourage you to visit the Transfer Scholarships homepage to learn about these potential opportunities and decide whether you wish to defer
your enrollment for a semester in order to qualify. All transfer scholarships are
competitive; as student who meets the minimum requirements is not guaranteed a scholarship.)
TBR Community College Academic Service Scholarship
Transfer students from TBR community colleges will be considered for a TBR Academic
Service Scholarship if they have at least a 3.0 cumulative college GPA and 45-105
earned hours after the Spring 2013 semester. The scholarship is $3,000 per academic
year and is renewable for up to four (4) semesters. (45 scholarships per year)
Non-TBR Academic Service Scholarship
Transfer students from schools other than TBR community colleges with a minimum 3.0
cumulative college GPA will be considered for the Academic Service Scholarship.
Students must have earned 45-105 hours after the summer term preceding enrollment
at MTSU to be considered for this award. The scholarship is $3,000 per academic year
and is renewable for up to four (4) semesters. (5 scholarships per spring semester)
[back to top]
The Fine Print
- Deadline for priority consideration is October 1.
- No scholarship application is required. All incoming transfers who apply for admission
and submit required documents by the priority deadline will be considered.
- Recipients must meet GPA, enrollment, service and Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
requirements to maintain continuing eligibility. For more information about SAP requirements,
please visit MTSU's Satisfactory Academic Progress webpage.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
- Unless noted, scholarships are granted for a maximum of 4 semesters.
- Scholarships are not available during summer terms.
- Only students who receive scholarships will be notified. Award letters will be sent
in late November 2012 and will include a Scholarship Agreement which must be signed
- MTSU transfer scholarships are highly competitive in nature. Students meeting the
minimum criteria will be ranked by GPA within each scholarship type; awards will be
offered to top-ranked students, to the extent that funding is available.
- The awarding of scholarships is based on the availability of funds and the criteria
set forth by the appropriate governing bodies, and is subject to change.
- In the event that MTSU offers multiple scholarships to a student, only one academic
scholarship can be accepted. Students who are offered two scholarships will be awarded
the higher of the two. A student may receive a university scholarship in addition
to a Tennessee Education Lottery Scholarship.
- A student's total aid including scholarships cannot exceed his or her budgeted Cost
of Attendance (COA). For more information, please contact the Financial Aid Office
at (615) 898-2830.
[back to top]
Continuing Eligibility Criteria
- Students are required to complete 75 hours of service to MTSU each semester (except
as noted). five service hours per week will be completed in an academic or administrative
department. Please visit Scholarship Service Program for information about the Scholarship Service Program at MTSU.
- Students must earn a cumulative GPA of 3.0 after each semester.
- Students must enroll at least full-time every fall and spring semester.
- If a student is unable to meet continuing eligibility criteria due to extenuating
circumstances, he or she may appeal to regain eligibility by submitting supporting
documentation. If a student is unable to meet the GPA requirement, he or she may
appeal to regain eligibility when he or she is meeting GPA requirements again. Reinstatement
of the scholarship is dependent on funding and is not guaranteed, regardless of circumstances
[back to top]
Questions? Please contact us!
Return to the MTSU Scholarship homepage
Return to the transfer scholarships webpage
Updated April 2013