Research in the Science Building
MTSU is transitioning from a primarily undergraduate institution to a doctoral research university with significant research activity. The following is a representative list of researchers whose important work will now either be housed in the new Science Building or benefit from the additional space and flexibility.
- MTSU’s collaboration with a Chinese botanical garden bodes well for the health of a nascent Tennessee industry
- An experimental technique that enables a MTSU researcher to “grasp” individual red blood cells with a laser beam to study morphology and elasticity
- One MTSU professor uses spiders to find truth in the ashes of Tennessee’s worst environmental disaster
- A husband-wife team of plant ecologists, focusing on restoration ecology, is attempting to restore glades that have been disturbed or destroyed
- Dr. Charles Chusuei’s technology could transform patient care in emergency rooms and health centers worldwide