Phi Alpha Honor Society
The purpose of the Phi Alpha Honor Society is to provide a closer bond among students of social work and promote humanitarian goals and ideals. Phi Alpha fosters high standards of education for social workers and invites into membership, those who have attained excellence in scholarship and achievement in social work.
Criteria for BSW Membership
- You have declared Pre-Social Work as your major; or you have been admitted to the Social Work major;
- You have achieved sophomore status;
- You have completed 8 hours of Social Work courses;
- You have a 3.0 GPA based on a 4.0 scale;
- You have an overall 3.25 GPA in your Social Work classes;
- You filled out an application and paid the membership fee.
Criteria for MSW Membership
- Coming Soon
Phi Alpha's mission is to promote education and camaraderie among Social Work students and to maintain humanitarian goals and ideas.
Within the Department of Social Work, our officers and members are conducting a membership drive. Please return the completed application to the Social Work office.
Once accepted, you will receive a letter of confirmation. Then when you are inducted into Phi Alpha, you will receive a certificate and a ribbon. You will also be a lifetime member. As a member, you will have a chance to wear honor cords at graduation.