Centennial Snippets - Registrar's Office
- This office was formerly known as Records/Scheduling.
- It maintains and archives student records, updates transcripts and reports grades.
- A scanning project began in 2010 with the goal of scanning all archived records into
the Banner system for electronic viewing of those records.
- According to the 1956 yearbook:
- N. C. Beasley was in charge of Records
- He acted as Veterans advisor to those students who served in the military.
- The current Veterans administrator is Ray Howell.
- Cathy Kirchner is the current registrar.
- Class registration became computerized in 1968-69 school year.
- TRAM - T elephone Response at MTSU - started in 1993 for registration purposes.
- The TRAM voice was Dr. Cliff Gillespie, former MTSU Associate Vice Provost.
[ back to department listing]