Dorethe and Clay Tucker Theatre
Tucker Theatre accommodates major music, dance, theatrical, and television productions, along with performances in intimate settings and a wide variety of such events as award ceremonies, films, pageants, recitals, product launches, receptions, and meetings.
All events at Tucker Theatre are scheduled through our Facilities Manager. Call 615/878-2181 between 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, or fill out the rental information form under Rental Information.
- Tucker Theatre is a proscenium theatre with two side stages.
- Auditorium Capacity
- Main Floor: 549 seats
- Balcony: 290 seats
- Total: 855 seats (see seating plan)
- Load-in point: Loading dock at stage level is outside of the scene shop located off stage left. A load-in to the stage is through the shop. The loading door is 9'-0" wide by 10'-0" high.
- Orchestra Pit: Located under the apron, its use requires significant advance notice. There is no lift system of any kind installed. Floor of the pit is 10'-0" below stage deck level.
- Proscenium opening: 40'-0" wide and 20'-0" high
- Height of stage from auditorium floor: 3'-7"
- Front edge of apron to curtain line: 18'-0" O.C.
- Curtain line to back wall: 38'-0" O.C.
- Wing space stage left: 7'-0" and opens into shop.
- Wing space stage right: 4'-0" off stage of cyc.
- Height of grid: 50'-5 1/2"
- Usual trim height: 20'-0" to 22'-0"
- Crossover: Through hallway behind stage.
- Stage Floor: Wood floor, slightly resilient, over cement beam support structure.
- Traps: Three 3'-0" x 6'-0" removable traps (see Floor Plan)
- Floor surface condition: Fair
- Side Stages: Proscenium: 11’0” (h) x 16’0”(w); Black velour draw curtain manually operated: Operating lines are D.S.- Curtain Closes to U.S. These positions are difficult to light well.