Application Procedures for MTSU Award Recipient
Award Purpose and Eligibility
The International Conference on College Teaching and Learning recognizes and honors outstanding faculty who have demonstrated excellence in teaching, learning, and technology at its annual conference in Florida. This conference emphasizes the use of innovative strategies, such as interactive and cooperative learning, combined with the use of technology to support higher education learning. Award recipients will also be asked to submit a paper for presentation at the conference describing their work dealing with successful practices and research to improve higher education learning; especially those that combine innovative learning strategies, such as constructivist, immersive and cooperative learning, as well as learning communities, with uses of the Web and advanced technologies.
|1996: College of Education and Behavioral Science||2005: College of Liberal Arts|
|1997: College of Business||2006: College of Education and Behavioral Science|
|1998: College of Media and Entertainment||2007: College of Business|
|1999: College of Basic and Applied Sciences||2008: College of Media and Entertainment|
|2000: College of Liberal Arts||2009: College of Basic and Applied Sciences|
|2001: College of Education and Behavioral Science||2010: College of Liberal Arts|
|2002: College of Business||2011: University Deans|
|2003: College of Media and Entertainment||2012: University Deans|
|2004: College of Basic and Applied Sciences||2013: University Deans|
Criteria for Selection (in priority order):
Demonstrated use of innovative teaching strategies that show direct effects on learning, and student motivation and creativity
Potential of instructional technology projects to enhance students' learning, improve their comprehension and retention, and/or enrich course experiences
Creativity in combining innovative learning strategies, such as constructivist, immersive and cooperative learning, as well as learning communities, with uses of the Web and advanced technologies.
Demonstrated a spread of effects beyond students in his/her own classes.
Completeness of materials submitted
What to submit (Note: The nominee must submit these materials):
- Letter of nomination from full-time faculty member or department chair (if the nomination comes from a faculty member, we ask that the nominee's department chair also sign the nomination letter)
- Description of innovative teaching / instructional technology work (up to 3 pages of text plus supplementary material, if any)
- 2-page resume (including instructional technology accomplishments; please also include your campus email address)
When to submit:
- Application deadline for the 2012 award will be WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 16, 2013.
Where to submit:
- Send application materials digitally by email to email@example.com. Your application will be acknowledged through email.
- Member of the LT&ITC Executive Board serve as the TLTR subcommittee. For more information concerning the TLTR and its programs, visit http://www.mtsu.edu/tltr/index.php.
- All nominees are invited to the LT&ITC Faculty Fair October 30, 2013 in the LT&ITC. The award recipient will be announced during the ShareFair.