2014 MTSU Distance Education Research Fund
In the 2014 Fall Semester, the Dean of the University College is again allocating a small fund to be used for targeted research projects related to distance learning. For the 2014-2015 academic year, the Distance Education Research Fund is issuing an open proposal call to full-time faculty. In particular, we are inviting faculty to submit proposals that demonstrate ways to:
(1) assess or improve the quality of online/hybrid courses,
(2) increase student learning in online/hybrid courses, or
(3) support faculty training programs to increase the quality of developed courses
Competitive proposals for this RFP should:
(1) include a controlled experimental design (if applicable) that will enable the
systematic assessment of different models for improving online and hybrid course quality,
(2) provide a clear rationale and justification for the study,
(3) indicate expected outcomes associated with the proposed research, and
(4) demonstrate potential to contribute to the research literature of online and hybrid course quality
All proposals must follow the Distance Education Research Fund guidelines (available at http://www.mtsu.edu/university-college/distance/research/guidelines.php).
Proposals may include budget requests up to $5000, which can include reassign time, materials, researcher stipend, student support, etc. Proposals can be made for projects conducted during Fall 2014, Spring 2015, or Summer 2015. Award recipients are encouraged to present and/or publish the results of their studies.
Deadline for proposals is Friday, April 25, 2014.
The Learning, Teaching, and Innovative Technologies Center (LT&ITC) will coordinate this request for proposals. Please address all questions and send all application materials via email to Tom Brinthaupt, Director of Faculty Development at the Center (email@example.com). Award decisions will be announced by May 15, 2014.
Dr. Tom Brinthaupt
Director of Faculty Development
Learning, Teaching, and Innovative Technologies Center
Professor of Psychology
Middle Tennessee State University
P.O. Box X034
Offices: 615.494.7676 (LT&ITC) or 615.898.2317 (Psych)
Faxes: 615.494.8612 (LT&ITC) or 615.898.5027 (Psych)