Information for Visiting / Transient Students
If you are a student at another university and you would like to take one or more classes at MTSU during the summer, you can apply as a visiting student. An official transcript from the institution last attended will need to be sent to the MTSU Admissions Office by one of the following methods:
Middle Tennessee State University
1301 East Main Street
Murfreesboro, TN 37132
The process is detailed below but is very simple in essence.
1) Fill out an application form (be sure and mark the transient student box)
2) Pay the $25 admission fee
3) Provide an official transcript with a 2.0 GPA
4) Your admission should be completed within 1-3 days, depending upon the number of applications we’re processing.
At the end of the summer just complete a Transcript Request Form and we’ll be glad to send an official transcript of your course back to your home institution.
- Application Forms - Application forms can be found at Undergraduate Admissions.
- Registration - Once admitted, you may register online via PipelineMT and then use RaiderNet to register. Visiting/transient students may register beginning April 18. If you
have never accessed your PipelineMT account, go here and follow the instructions to activate your account.
- From the MTSU homepage (www.mtsu.edu), log in to PipelineMT to register. Click on the RaiderNet tab, then on the Student tab and select Registration.
- Select the Add or Drop Classes link and select term.
- On Add or Drop page, scroll down and enter course reference numbers (CRNs) in the boxes starting from the left. If a course requires a corequisite (i.e., BIOL 1030 and 1031), then both CRNs must be entered before clicking Submit Changes. Click on the Display Corequisite link at the bottom of the Add or Drop page for a list of corequisites.
- Course Schedule - The Summer course schedule can be found at here.
- Tuition and Fees - Estimated tuition and fees for an in-state undergraduate student are $329 per credit hour ($260 tuition and $69 fees). Additional fees (materials fees, special course fees, miscellaneous fees) may be added depending upon the type of course. Both the Summer 2015 and ROCC rates can be found here.
- Tuition and Fees Payment - Frequently asked questions about payment and answers to those questions can be found on the tuition website.
- Late Fees - A $100 late fee will be charged to anyone who registers or reregisters on or after the first day of the summer part of term and no other registration for a summer part of term exists.
- Transfer Equivalencies at MTSU - Please be sure to check with your advisor at your current university to be sure transfer credits from MTSU will be accepted. Get more information at Transfer Credit Evaluation Process.
- Important Dates and Deadlines - Important dates for drop/add, fee payment deadlines, registration, and exam schedules can be found here.
- Financial Aid
- Housing Rates for Summer - Living on campus places you at the center of the university community. If you are interested in exploring on-campus living with Housing and Residential Life, you may read the license agreement and complete an online application or contact them at 1-615-898-2971 for more information. Housing rates can be found here and check-in dates can be found here.
- Other Resources