MPS Admission Requirements
- Complete the online application
- Select the Professional Studies program on the application.
- Pay the $35 application fee online by credit or debit card.
- See if you qualify for the GRE Alternative (see below) OR take the GRE and have results sent to MTSU.
- Send official transcripts to the College of Graduate Studies at the below address.
(You do not need to request transcripts for studies at MTSU.)
- Send three letters of reference to the College of Graduate Studies at the below address.
Send all materials to:
MTSU College of Graduate Studies
MTSU Box 42
Murfreesboro, TN 37132
Applicants with the following qualifications will receive unconditional admission:
- A bachelor's degree with an undergraduate grade point average of at least 2.75 on
a 4.0 scale from an accredited college or university, and
- An acceptable score on the Graduate Record Exam (GRE), generally at least 146 verbal.
144 quantitative, and 4.0 on analytical writing.
- GRE Information
GRE Alternative - Portfolio Option
Applicants with a 2.75 undergraduate GPA and
five or more years of professional work experience may submit a portfolio detailing
their professional experience in lieu of the GRE.
- If the portfolio is approved by the MPS Program, you will not be required to take
- Details of the Portfolio can be found here.
Applicants who do not meet the criteria for unconditional admission may apply for