The Writers' Studio is designed to meet the needs of all levels of writers from all disciplines and fields at all stages of the writing process. Studio Consultants are here to work with you on all aspects of your writing process and to help you identify your writing strengths and improve on other areas of your writing.
Not sure what kind of assignments to bring to the UWC? Here are just a few examples of projects writers are bringing:
- Research Papers
- Rhetorical Analysis
- Critical Reading and Annotating
- Literacy Narratives
- Senior Capstone Projects, Undergraduate or Graduate Theses, and Dissertations
Sessions are 25 or 45 minutes long and should be scheduled in advance, when possible. These sessions are intended to strengthen the writer and his/her ability to compose using a variety of technologies. At the UWC, we believe every writer has the capacity to become a stronger writer, and we are excited to assist with this journey.
Commonly Asked Questions
Q: I'm working on project, but it isn't for an English class. Can I still use the University Writing Center?
Q: Can you teach me how to use Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop?
Q: I don't have an appointment. Can I work on my project in the UWC anyway?
Q: Can I drop my project off before my appointment so that you can review it before my session?
- Reviewing your work alongside an audience can help you see your work from a different perspective.
- Reviewing your work together allows the Writing Consultant to ask questions or ask for clarification, as needed.
- Reviewing your work during the sesssion ensures that you and the Writing Consultant are working with the most up-to-date draft.
Q: Why don't you offer proofreading?