New Hire Orientation Resources
New advising staff, please use this complete site as a one-stop shop for many of the tools and materials you will need to be successful here at MTSU. This page in particular, however, highlights links to past trainings and documents that may be especially helpful during your orientation.
Interested in working with an advisor mentor? AMP will be piloting a mentoring program during the 2020-2021 academic year. This program is designed to promote intercollege collaboration among the advising centers and staff at Middle Tennessee State University for the purposes of encouraging professional development and fostering best practices in advising. See the AMP website for more details and applications.
- New Hire Training Checklist
- Academic Advising at MTSU
- Guiding Principles for Academic Advisors
- NACADA Core Competencies
- Legal Issues in Advising
- Inclusive Advising Guidance (from the University of Denver)
- Library Training Toolkit for Advisors
Recorded Advisor Trainings
- A Deep Dive into Scholars Academy & STARS Zoom Presentation Recording
- Using Argos & Excel in Advising Excel Video Tutorials
- ROTC Program Tour Presentation and Advisor Handout
- Mental Health First Aid Training
- VA Center Staff Directory