Department of Accounting Graduate Outcomes
Master of Accountancy Graduate Outcomes
Average Salary of $62,143
100% Employment at Graduation
Employers and Industries
- BKD, LLP
- Country Music Hall of Fame
- Crowe LLP
- Dempsey, Vantrease & Follis
- Elliott Davis
- Frazier & Deeter, LLC
- Kraft CPAs PLLC
- Marcum LLP
- Puryear & Noonan CPAs
- PYA, PC
- State of Tennessee - several departments
- Tractor Supply Company
- Over 80 other companies!
Fall-to-Fall Retention Rate, 2015-2019
|Master of Accountancy||86.10%||87.40%||82.30%||81.70%||78.90%|
2019 CPA Exam Pass Rates
|All Testing Events||59.0%||48.9%||53.9%||56.5%|
|First-Time Advanced Degree*||55.8%||55.9%||48.7%||48.3%|
|First-Time Bachelor's Degree||68.8%||48.1%||55.6%||63.6%|
*Most students start sitting for the CPA exam after their Bachelor's degree as it is desirable to start taking the exam as soon as a student is ready. MTSU's MAcc has four CPA review courses built into the program to help students pass the CPA exam before graduation.
- MTSU students score better than the Comparables, Competitors and Aspirants group averages.
- Comparables include University of Arkansas-Little Rock, Ball State, Louisiana Tech, Southern Mississippi, University of Texas-El Paso, and Wright State.
- Competitors include East Tennessee State University, University of Memphis, University of Tennessee-Chattanooga, University of Tennessee-Knoxville, Tennessee Tech, and Western Kentucky University.
- Aspirants include University of Alabama, Auburn University, and Mississippi State University.