Aerospace Innovative Research Seminar (AIRS)
The Aerospace Innovative Research Seminars consist of MTSU Aerospace researchers sharing their recent or ongoing research with other professors, students, and you! Links to presentation videos are provided. For more information on AIRS presentations feel free to contact the Aerospace Department.
- FAR Part 107, Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems
- 2015 Pilot Source Study
- Flight Planning with Paper Charts versus Electronic Charts
- Safety Management System Overview and Hazard Analysis at a University Flight School; SMS PowerPoint
- Lockheed Martin Overview and F-35 Flight Testing
- Results of DPE System Surveys (presentation to come this fall!)
To apply for a flight lab, follow the steps below.
Download and read the Flight Lab Guide thoroughly and review the additional costs of flight labs.
A summary checklist is also available.
Complete the "Flight Lab Request Form" for the semester you wish to enroll within the application period specified. You will receive an email confirmation of your submission. Late or inaccurate submissions will be considered only after all other applications.
June 1 – June 30
Sept 15 – Nov 15
Feb 15 – April 15