For General Info, contact us or go to
Exam Information: SOA has much of the information that actuarial students need.
- Test Dates
- Exam Results
- Exam Changes
- Online sign-up feature
- Find your exam. This page will list all tests being offered, deadlines, test dates, and times. You will need to setup an account with SOA, but it still takes less time than mailing a hardcopy application.
- Gamma Iota Sigma
- A professional insurance fraternity at MTSU that is closely related to AMSA. Many actuarial science majors at MTSU have minors/majors in insurance and are members of Gamma Iota Sigma.
- Research Experiences for Undergraduates
- Visit this site to find out about some upcoming research opportuities.
Here are some links to many Tennessee Insurance and Actuarial Companies
- Acuff & Associates - an actuarial and employee benefits consulting firm located in Brentwood, TN.
- American General Corp. - a group of life insurance and benefits companies; has an actuarial department in Nashville, TN.
- By the Numbers Actuarial Consulting, Inc. - the casualty consulting firm headed by Lisa Dennison, FCAS, MAAA.
- Casualty Actuarial Consultants, Inc. - a group of casualty actuaries headquartered in Brentwood, TN.
- Caterpillar Financial Services Corp. - the financial arm of Caterpillar, Inc.; headquartered with an actuarial staff in Nashville, TN. Brian LePage of MTSU's Actuarial Science Advisory Council is over a large portion of the insurance department.
- CNA - a life insurance company group with an actuarial unit in Nashville, TN.
- Mercer Human Resources Consulting - one of the largest insurers in the country with a retirement benefits office in Memphis, TN.
- Permanent General - a standard and sub-standard auto insurer with an actuarial department in Nashville, TN.
- Select Actuarial Services - a casualty actuarial consulting firm in Nashville, TN, co-founded by one of the members of MTSU's Actuarial Science Advisory Council, Mary Frances Miller.
- SIGMA Actuarial Consulting Group, Inc. - a casualty actuarial consulting firm located in Nashville, TN.
- UnumProvident - the largest disability insurer in North America, with offices in Chattanooga, TN, Portland, ME, and Columbia, SC.
- Wells Fargo - this finance company acquired Nashville-based BPS&M, a large employee benefits and insurance company actuarial consulting firm, in 2001.
Some other prominent actuarial firms around the country.
- The Hartford Actuarial Program - one of the premier programs for P & C actuarial students or interns, located in Hartford, CT.
- New York Life Actuarial Program - a life insurance firm located in Manhattan, NY.
- St. Paul Travelers - an excellent P & C insurance compnay located in Hartford, CT.
- Watson Wyatt - A finance company with offices incities such as Los Angeles, Phoenix, San Francisco, Denver, Stamford CT, Atlanta, and Chicago. As a pension actuary, you will be headquartered in Cleveland, OH.
For a thorough search by city, state, or company, go to the SOA Actuarial Training Program Search.
These are more useful after you have been in the workforce for a few years. Not so much for recent graduates.
- D.W. Simpson & Company - a Chicago, IL recruiting firm for actuaries.
- Nationwide Actuarial Search, Inc. - a placement agency for casualty actuaries based in Las Vegas, NV.
Add right column content here