Field Artillery Officer
The field artillery officer leads the field artillery branch, who neutralizes the enemy by cannon, rocket and missile fire. The officer must be an expert in tactics, techniques and procedures for the employment of fire support systems.
- Lead field artillery troops and combined armed forces during land combat
- Coordinate the employment of field artillery Soldiers at all levels of command
- Additional positions include the role of fire support officer, fire direction officer, platoon leader and battery executive officer
Job training for a field artillery officer requires completion of Basic Officer Leaders Course I & II and the Field Artillery Officer Basic Course. This will provide in-depth knowledge for fire support, observed fire, fire direction and platoon leadership.
- Self-discipline, confidence and intelligence
- Physically and mentally fit to perform under pressure
- Ability to make quick decisions
- Capable of bearing numerous responsibilities