The signal officer leads the Signal Corps, which is responsible for the Army’s entire systems of communication. Officers plan and execute all aspects of communication on a mission and are critical to the Army’s continued success.
- Maintain the Army’s voice, data and information systems
- Making tactical decisions
- Coordinate employment of Signal Soldiers at all levels of command
Job training for a signal officer requires completion of the Signal Officer Basic Course, where you learn the skills and operational aspects that are used in the Signal Corps.
- Self-discipline, confidence and intelligence
- Physically and mentally fit to perform under pressure
- Ability to make quick decisions
- Capable of bearing numerous responsibilities