Human Resources Officer
An adjutant general officer is responsible for providing personnel support that affects Soldiers’ overall welfare and well-being, while assisting commanders by accounting for and keeping Soldiers combat-ready.
- Principal advisor to the battalion commander for all matters concerning human resource support for all assigned and attached personnel
- Responsible for supervising all strength management/strength distribution actions
- Assignment as a platoon leader: responsible for training, readiness, health and welfare of 20 Soldiers and the accomplishment of wartime missions.
Job training for adjutant general officer requires completion of the Adjutant General
Basic Officer Leader Course, where you’ll learn leadership skills, tactics and operational
aspects of Human Resources automation systems and practices.
Additional training opportunities will be available based on the type of unit you are assigned to, including (but not limited to) postal operations, airborne or air assault school.
- Physically fit
- Perform under physical and mental pressures
- Possess good verbal and written skills
- Creative thinking