4 Year Scholarship
The ROTC Opportunity
The college Four Year Scholarship is for high school students planning on attending a four-year college program. These scholarships are awarded to outstanding applicants. In keeping with our high standards of excellence, candidates are selected for merit-based scholarships based on their scholastic achievement and extra-curricular accomplishments. Contact your high school academic adviser or campus Military Science department for more information.
How scholarship recipients are chosen
Selection is based on the "whole person" concept: academic record, SAT or ACT test results, school evaluations, extra-curricular activities, leadership and athletics, and a personal interview with a scholarship board at the desired university.
Since the Army, like many of today's top organizations, values technological skills, scholarship preference is given to students pursuing degrees in engineering, physical sciences, and nursing, but all MTSU academic majors qualify to compete for scholarships.
You're eligible for the four-year ROTC scholarship if you're ready to begin college as a full-time freshmen, have no prior college experience, and meet the following requirements:
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be between the ages of 17 and 26
- Have a high school GPA of at least 2.50
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Score a minimum of 920 on the SAT (math/verbal) or 19 on the ACT (excluding the required writing test scores)
- Meet physical standards and be medically qualified
- Agree to accept a commission and serve in the Army on Active Duty or in a Reserve Component (Army Reserve or Army National Guard)
- $1200 per year for books ($600 per semester)
- Monthly stipend for every month school is in session up to $5,000 per year
- Pays all Tuition and Fees for school
- Eligibility for Room and Board Scholarship for up to $4000 dollars a year.