8th Annual Winner's Circle: A K-12 Middle Tennessee Art Exhibition — May 2021
The 8th Annual Winner's Circle: A K-12 Middle Tennessee Art Exhibition
May 10–15, 2021
Kindergarten – 5th Grades Awards Ceremony – 1 p.m.—Saturday, May 15, Todd Hall, Room 204
6th – 12th Grades Awards Ceremony – 3 p.m.—Saturday, May 15, Todd Hall, Room 204
Sponsored in part by the Rutherford Arts Alliance
Participation Rules and Guidelines
The Todd Art Gallery announces the Winner’s Circle, an annual invitational exhibit of artwork from students of Middle Tennessee counties as well as any private or religious school in Rutherford County. The exhibit is scheduled May 10-15, 2021, followed by Awards Receptions set for Saturday, May 15, Kindergarten–5th Grades—1:00 p.m., and 6th–12th Grades—3:00 p.m., MTSU, Todd Hall.
Free parking is available in the Jones Hall parking lot adjacent to Todd Hall.
Beginning Tuesday, January 19, 2021 through Friday, April 30, 2021, the Todd Art Gallery is accepting artworks from students K-12 in various media including ceramics, drawing, painting, print media, sculpture, photography, woodworking etc. Monetary awards to students and art teachers in each age group will be presented at each awards ceremony, see below for details. Any business or individual who wishes to support the Winner’s Circle Art Competition should contact Eric Snyder at Eric.Snyder@mtsu.edu.
The MTSU Department of Art and Design's Todd Art Gallery has hosted this friendly art competition each year to recognize the remarkable student talent in our community and to applaud all area art teachers for their dedication in keeping visual arts alive in our schools.
Map across campus: Campus Map, Todd Art Gallery, Todd Building, Room 224A.
Awards Ceremonies: Saturday, May 15, 2021 | 1:00 p.m.—Kindergarten–5th Grades, and
3:00 p.m.—6th–12th Grades
Venues: Art Exhibit–Todd Art Gallery, Room 224A and Todd Hall; Awards Ceremonies–Todd Hall, Room 204
Eric Snyder, Coordinator, Todd Art Gallery, MTSU Department of Art and Design and Tom Womack, Murfreesboro Photography Laureate and Rutherford Arts Alliance Board Member discuss the annual Middle Tennessee Winners Circle K-12th Grade Art Exhibition. Video courtesy of Web4U2
Participation Rules and Guidelines
Participants [teachers or students] must be able to attend the closing reception to pick up their artwork and receive awards.
It is recommended that teachers and students discuss the responsibility of artwork pickup prior to the receptions.
Criteria for Submission:
- Open to all city and county schools including private and home-schools in the Middle Tennessee Area: Bedford, Cannon, Cheatham, Clay, Coffee, Davidson, Dekalb, Dickson, Fentress, Franklin, Giles, Grundy, Hickman, Houston, Humphreys, Jackson, Lawrence, Lewis, Lincoln, Macon, Marshall, Maury, Montgomery, Moore, Overton, Perry, Pickett, Putnam, Polk, Robertson, Rutherford, Sequatchie, Smith, Stewart, Sumner, Trousdale, Van Burren, Warren, White, Williamson, and Wilson.
- All work meeting criteria is welcome from Murfreesboro City, Rutherford County, and
Rutherford County's private schools and home-schoolers.
- Teachers from other areas may submit a MAXIMUM of 4 artworks PER CATEGORY. The categories are as follows: K-2, 3-5, 6-8, 9-10, and 11-12. Works may be 2-dimensional or 3-dimensional and any medium. Two-dimensional works shall not exceed an average of 3' x 3'. Three-dimensional works shall not exceed an average of 4' x 4' x 4'. Accompanying frames and stands are exempt.
- For art teacher's school programs to be eligible for the Art Teacher Program Participation Lottery, you must have submitted at least 1 student artwork and be in attendance at at least one of the two receptions
- Participants must be able to attend their respective awards ceremony to pick up their artwork and receive awards.
- Submitted work must be shipped or hand delivered to the MTSU Department of Art and Design's Todd Art Gallery, 1301 East Main Street, Box 25, Murfreesboro, TN 37132. If delivering by hand, please deliver to Eric Snyder (Eric.Snyder@mtsu.edu) or Rick Rishaw (Rick.Rishaw@mtsu.edu) in Todd Hall, Room 212. If you need assistance with directions or have other questions or concerns, contact Eric Snyder at Eric.Snyder@mtsu.edu or call (615) 898-5532 or (615) 542-6368.
List of Awards:
- Best of Show:
- 1st place: $250.00
- 2nd place: $150.00
- 3rd place: $100.00
- Merit Awards:
- K-2: $25.00
- 3-5: $25.00
- 6-8: $50.00
- 9-12: $100.00
- Patron Merit Awards:
- Sponsor Awards named in honor of the donor(s) $50.00 each
- Art Teacher Program Participation Lottery:
- Two winners will be drawn at random to receive an award of $250.00. You must be present at one of the receptions to claim award.
The Department of Art and Design would like to offer the opportunity for patrons to sponsor extra merit awards to be designated in their name and presented at the Awards Ceremonies of the 2021 Middle Tennessee Winner's Circle Art Exhibition. If you would like to participate in this sponsorship, please follow the link here. Please designate any award to the Department of Art and Design Enrichment Fund and Winner's Circle Award.
Support the Department of Art and Design and
Don't miss the 2021 Art and Design T-Shirt while supplies last!
A Juried National Drawing Exhibition
Our Artist Calls are Listed with...
Saturdays at Todd supported in part by
Connecting Creatives + Community
Art and Design Policies