2019 6th Annual Winner's Circle: A K-12 Art Show
The 2019 6th Annual Winner's Circle: A K-12 Art Show
Participation Rules and Guidelines
The Todd Art Gallery announces the Winner’s Circle, an invitational exhibit of artwork from students of Middle Tennessee counties as well as any private or religious school in Rutherford County. The exhibit is scheduled May 4-16, 2019, followed by a closing Awards Reception planned for Thursday, May 16, 6:00 p.m., MTSU, Todd Hall.
The Todd Art Gallery is accepting artworks from students K-12 in various media including drawing, painting, sculpture, photography, woodworking etc. This year Todd Art Gallery will be giving out monetary awards to students in each age group, see below for details. Any business or individual who wishes to support the Winner’s Circle Art Competition should contact Eric Snyder at Eric.Snyder@mtsu.edu.
The Center, the Rotunda, and the Todd Art Gallery host these friendly art competitions each year to recognize the remarkable student talent in our community and to applaud all area art teachers for their dedication in keeping visual arts alive in our schools.
Closing Reception: Thursday, May 16th, 6:00 PM, Todd Art Gallery, 224A
Participants [teachers or students] must be able to attend the closing reception to pick up their artwork and receive awards.
Criteria for Submission:
- Open to all city and county schools in the Middle Tennessee Area: Bedford, Cannon, Cheatham, Clay, Coffee, Davidson,
Dekalb, Dickson, Fentress, Franklin, Giles, Grundy, Hickman, Houston, Humphreys, Jackson,
Lawrence, Lewis, Lincoln, Macon, Marshall, Maury, Montgomery, Moore, Overton, Perry,
Pickett, Putnam, Polk, Robertson, Rutherford, Sequatchie, Smith, Stewart, Sumner,
Trousdale, Van Burren, Warren, White, Williamson, and Wilson.
- Teachers may submit a MAXIMUM of 4 artworks PER CATEGORY. The categories are as follows: K-2, 3-5, 6-8, 9-10, and 11-12. Works may be 2-dimensional or 3-dimensional and any medium. Two-dimensional works shall not exceed an average of 2' x 2'. Three-dimensional works shall not exceed an average of 2' x 2' x 2'. Accompanying frames and stands are exempt.
- Participants must be able to attend the closing reception to pick up their artwork and receive awards.
- Submitted work must be shipped or hand delivered to the MTSU Department of Art and Design's Todd Art Gallery, 1301 East Main Street, Box 25, Murfreesboro, TN 37132. If delivering by hand, please deliver to Eric Snyder (Eric.Snyder@mtsu.edu) or Rick Rishaw (Rick.Rishaw@mtsu.edu) in Todd Hall, Room 212. If you need assistance with directions or have other questions or concerns, contact Eric Snyder at Eric.Snyder@mtsu.edu or call (615) 898-5532 or (615) 542-6368.
List of Awards:
- Best of Show:
- 1st place: $250.00
- 2nd place: $150.00
- 3rd place: $75.00
- Merit Awards:
- K-2: $25.00
- 3-5: $25.00
- 6-8: $25.00
- 9-10: $25.00
- 11-12: $25.00
- Teacher Participation Lottery:
- 1st Winner: $500.00
- 2nd Winner: $250.00
Our Artist Calls are Listed with...