Three-time Rutherford County, Tennessee "Top-Honor Graduate", Brian Roberts graduated summa cum laude with baccalaureate degrees in psychology, philosophy, and Spanish from Middle Tennessee State University (MTSU). After living and traveling extensively in Spain and France, he graduated from said university with a Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.).
Brian observed and taught French using the methods of TPR and TPRS and brain-based learning techniques as set forth by Dr. Eric Jensen over the course of his graduate career at Middle Tennessee State University. He has since used his expertise in these methods and techniques to teach English to native speakers of Spanish as well as to child welfare professionals across the state as language specialist at MTSU's Tennessee Center for Child Welfare.
As Assistant Director of CALA, Brian enjoys working to bring its fresh, exciting, and effective brand of language-learning to students of all ages and backgrounds from our communities. He is known for his engaging, non-judgmental approach to teaching that puts humor to good use in the classroom.
- "Brian is brilliant! Making learning a language so much fun is commendable--and he
does it with such ease."
--Renu D., Franklin, TN
- "Professor Brian is great. He was very helpful and easy to understand. When I had
questions he answered them precisely and without judgment."
--Ashley, Ph.D. candidate in biology
- "He was funny, and his class was easy to learn from."
--C. Vasquez, high school freshman
- "Brian was attentive, bright, energetic and kept us on track!"
--Kim, professor at MTSU
- "Professor Brian was extraordinary. His comical personality truly made learning fun,
relaxed and interesting."
--Tonia N., former school teacher
Read Testimonials from Brian's Spanish Classes