Lifeguarding at MTSU
Certified lifeguards are critical to a safe aquatic environment, and we take great pride in training our aquatic staff at Campus Recreation. If you have been a lifeguard or want to train to become one, read this important information, follow the directions below, and apply today!
5 Reasons to Be a Lifeguard
- Be a hero! You can literally help save lives in an emergency.
- Help people have fun and prevent emergencies in aquatic spaces.
- Act as a role model for younger people.
- Actively keep your community safe.
- Get paid to keep up your skills and stay fit!
I Want to Be a Lifeguard! Now What?
We only train and hire American Red Cross (ARC)-certified lifeguards. The requirements are that you must:
- Be at least 16 years old
- Currently certified in ARC lifeguarding (Become a Lifeguard Instructor, too!)
- Not ARC certified? No problem! Register for one of our upcoming certification classes. (only pay for the cost of the training!)
Join Our Team!
Working at Campus Recreation provides many great benefits to lifeguards like you, including:
- Student-friendly, flexible work schedules
- Shifts available at indoor and outdoor pools
- Lower training costs (only pay the cost of the training)
- Access to the Campus Rec facility (weight room, basketball courts, etc.)
- Opportunities for advancement and leadership
- Build your resume and credentials
HOW TO APPLY TO AQUATIC POSITIONS:
Submit an application with applicable experience, accomplishments (work-related or school-related), and current certifications. Upon submission of documents, contact Pam Footit to set up an appointment time for the facility lifeguard skills test.
AQUATICS CONTACT INFORMATION:
NAME: Pam Footit
PHONE NUMBER: (615) 898-2255
FAX: (615) 898-5568
Download an official application or pick on up at the Campus Rec office.