Special Events - Fitness and Wellness
ONGOING EVENT: mtsYOU Challenge
2018-19 School Year
Join us in the exploration of the 8 dimensions of you!
This program will challenge you to grow in 8 areas of life through a series of monthly challenges. Your goal is to complete at least ONE activity each month and track your involvement by filling out the form below. At the end of each month in which you participate, you will be entered to win awesome prizes! Complete all 8 challenges and automatically be entered to win the grand prize at the end of the Spring 2019 semester!
Location: MTSU campus
October: Occupational Wellness. Gaining personal satisfaction and enrichment from one's work.
- Attend the Career Fair (Oct. 24, 12-3 pm, Murphy Center)
- Discuss your career goals with your current employer
- Utilize the Big Interview platform through the Career Development Center
- Submit your resume, personal statement, or cover letter to email@example.com for review by a Career Advisor.
- Practice a mock interview with your friend or classmate
- Schedule a Career Services workshop for your student organization. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule.
October 5, 10 am–3:30 pm
Morning competition: 10-12:30 pm. Afternoon competition: 1-3:30 pm
Location: Campus Recreation Functional Fitness Room
Events: Bench Press, Deadlift, Squat. Rules for lifts.
Cost: $5 for one lift, $10 for all
Only 35 participants allowed per competition (70 total). Reserve your spot on the Rec Portal now!
All individuals will have the chance to compete in the first Campus Recreation Weightlifting Competition! You may choose one, two, or all three lifts to participate in. Participants will have 3 attempts to reach their maximum weight and will be judged based on their appropriate weight categories (TBD upon registrations.) All competitors must abide by the rules set forth in order to compete. Failure to do so will result in disqualification. All first place finishers will receive a Campus Recreation t-shirt and shaker bottle, as well as a trophy, bragging rights, and name placed on our competition board.
Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP) Yoga
October 11, 7:30–8:30 pm
Location: Campus Recreation Indoor Pool
Filipino Dance Night
October 22, 6–8 pm
Location: Campus Recreation