The Marketing Assistant role with the Campus Recreation Marketing team provides an opportunity to gain hands-on marketing experience in a real-world environment! Students hired on the marketing team will learn and implement a variety of marketing strategies to reach intended audiences.
- Website and Mobile app design/updates
- Social media marketing
- Media and project management
- Company branding
- Campaign design and execution
- Working with a diverse group of people on various projects
- Teachable attitude in the areas mentioned above. You don’t have to know everything, but desire to gain experience in this field and lend your expertise is a must.
- Working knowledge of basic software. Canva, Microsoft Office, social media tools. Will teach FusionGO (for mobile app). InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop not necessary but a plus.
- Detailed focus with design projects and following directions. The details are so important to anything you do!
- Clear communication with a diverse group of people. We work with students, faculty, media, community members, and city businesses.
- Proven trustworthiness. When you say you’ll be at work, you mean it. When you’re at work, you focus on doing the best work you can.
- Ongoing commitment to represent MTSU in a respectable and professional manner at all times. We carry the MTSU name with us whether or not we’re working. We are committed to this in our personal social media reflection as well.
HOW TO APPLY TO MARKETING POSITIONS:
Submit an application that includes your resume with applicable experience, accomplishments (work-related or school-related), and current certifications. Upon submission of documents, a face-to-face interview will be conducted.