Facility Reservation Policies and Procedures
MTSU Campus Recreation offers registered student organizations, campus units, and outside groups the opportunity to reserve Campus Recreation facilities for athletic and recreation activities as well as special events.
- To reserve space, the appropriate reservation form must be completed and submitted. See the Facility Reservations page for info.
- Reservations are on a first come first serve basis. On campus groups will have first priority over off campus groups if received prior to approval of the off campus group.
- Reservations must be received no later than 5 business days prior to the event. 10 business days prior for large events.
- Student groups must have all appropriate signatures on the reservation form.
- All reservation requests must be approved by Campus Rec professional staff.
- Rental of most spaces require a rental fee. All rates are subject to change.
A deposit may be required.
If not paid by the day of the event, a late fee of 5% of total rental will be assessed for 30 days after event. An additional 5% each month thereafter until payment is received unless prior arrangements are made.
- Outside Food requests must follow the MTSU catering contract.
- Upon approval, you will be emailed an event approval confirmation.
- Groups will abide by all facility usages policies of Campus Recreation and the University of Illinois.
- Groups renting a facility will be held financially responsible for any special cleaning, maintenance, or repair resulting from the event or activity.
- Campus Recreation is not responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged property belonging to the members of rental groups utilizing the facilities.
While the primary purpose of the Campus Recreation facilities is to provide recreation for fee paying students as well and faculty/staff who are members, there are various University departments and organizations who utilize the space for classes and activities. Campus Recreations will allocate the required space at designated priority times for Campus, Student Affairs and student organizations.
- Birthday parties and smaller events will then receive the Hold Harmless Waiver that each participant will need in order to participate.
- Larger external groups may be required to provide a Certificate of Insurance with
the following requirements:
- Commercial general liability insurance in the amounts of $300,000 per person/$1,000,000 per occurrence.
- Specifically include coverage for injury to the minor participants including but not limited to coverage for child abuse and child sexual abuse/molestation.
- Additionally insured must include: The State of Tennessee and MTSU named as additional insured.
The MTSU Address that should be used:1301 East Main StreetMurfreesboro, TN 37132