Fitness Policies and Procedures
The following fitness area etiquette and guidelines will promote an enjoyable and safe experience for all users:
- You may utilize the fitness studio and Functional Fit room anytime during operating hours EXCEPT during group fitness classes.
- Equipment is not to be removed from designated areas to be used in other spaces.
- Please return all equipment and weight to its proper location after use.
- Climbing on fitness equipment, hanging upside down, or performing acrobatic moves are prohibited.
- Limit your time on cardio equipment to 30 minutes during peak hours or when other patrons are waiting.
- To avoid congestion and lines, patrons should allow others to work in-between sets while using strength training equipment.
- Patrons are required to clean the equipment before and immediately after use. Towels and disinfectant spray are provided to clean/disinfect equipment.
- Proper workout attire should be worn. View more details.
- Headphones must be used while listening to personal music.
- Lift weights in a controlled manner refraining from slamming weight stacks.
- No bags, coats, books, etc. allowed in workout areas. Day lockers are available for storage.
- Chalk is prohibited.
- All users must remain at least 5 feet from mirrored walls during exercise. Please do not touch mirrors.
- Water bottles are permitted in the Weight, Fitness, and Cardiovascular areas throughout the rec
- Report any damaged or faulty fitness equipment to the on-duty floor staff or member services.
- Unauthorized use of facilities for instructing/coaching is prohibited, including personal training.
- The on-duty Campus Recreation staff has authority over all fitness area conduct and use of equipment.
For your safety, as well as others, we require the following safe practices:
- Spotters are strongly recommended while lifting weights. Campus Recreation staff are not available to act as a spotter.
- Use extreme caution when lifting weights to avoid potential injury to yourself or others.
- Lift weights in a controlled manner, refraining from slamming weight stacks.
- Do not drop dumbbells, kettlebells, slam balls, med balls, weight plates and other equipment on the floor.
- Weight plate collars must be used on all free weight bars.
- Weight belts that may damage equipment must be removed or covered appropriately.
- Squats must be performed inside a squat rack.
- Olympic lifts (Snatch, Clean and Jerk, Squat Snatch) are prohibited.
- Keep hands and feet clear of moving parts while machine is in use.
- Place hands and feet only on the handgrips and footpads provided. Please use machines and equipment only for their intended purposes and properly.
- Closed toe activity-appropriate footwear is required. Shoes must have a heel or heel strap. Socks and back-less shoes will not be allowed. Please make sure shoes are free of debris before entering the facility.
- Please turn cardio equipment completely off before getting off.
- Children under the age of 16 are not allowed to go into the weight room or the cardiovascular area unless accompanied by an adult (To avoid potential injury).
- Do not operate equipment if it has loose or damaged parts. If machine fails to operate correctly, do not attempt to repair. Notify the weight room or front desk of the problem