College of Basic and Applied Sciences Advising Center
- As we approach the start of the Spring 2021 semester, please take some time to watch
to this very important message from Dr. Fischer, Dean of the College of Basic and Applied Sciences.
- To best protect the health and well-being of students, staff and the university community,
students are strongly encouraged to make virtual advising appointments conducted by
Zoom, telephone or email.
- In the event that a student believes that an in-person appointment is needed, the student may request such an appointment. All in-person appointments will be conducted adhering to social distancing requirements and other public health protocols.
Methods for scheduling advising appointments have not changed. Students who call 615-898-2495 to schedule appointments will be asked for their preferred appointment method and those who use the online scheduling system are asked to type this preference in the comments section.
Preparing for your appointment:
- Know your advisor’s name, email, and direct office phone number.
- Consistently check your MTSU email for updated instructions for your email, phone, Skype, or Zoom appointment.
- Set up and/or check voicemail in the event you miss an advising appointment call.
- Familiarize yourself with DegreeWorks, the degree-audit system available in your PipelineMT account.
- Make a list of classes you think you need for the summer and/or fall terms.
- Gather advising questions and any previous advising materials.
- Be ready with computer access in the event we need to guide you using online resources.
- Have paper and a pen or pencil available for notes.
The Advising Center for the College of Basic and Applied Sciences provides undergraduate students with advising by professional advisors who assist students in developing an educational plan consistent with career and personal objectives leading to timely and successful graduation. Our Undergraduate Advising Center is designed to provide consistent, high-quality and appropriate academic advising, monitoring, nurturing and coaching to ensure your academic and personal success.
Serves as a mentor to you in your specific field of study and to help identify potential career options and explore paths to your next level of education. Find your Faculty Advisor by clicking on your Assigned Advisor link in your Pipeline Account.
Pre Professional Health Science Advisor
Available to assist you if you would like to apply to a health related program in fields such as Medicine, Pharmacy, Sonography, and others and may also serve as your college advisor. They are knowledgeable about how to prepare a competitive application, can assist in preparation for the various entrance exams, and can help you understand what Admissions representatives are looking for in a successful candidate.
Contact the advising center using the information below or directly reach out to the appropriate advisor based on your declared major or interests.
MTSU Box 66
1301 E. Main Street
Murfreesboro, TN 37132