Transfer Student Resources
New transfers attend a CUSTOMS Orientation program. CUSTOMS is offered every summer for the Fall semester and December for the Spring semester. It provides students and their families an opportunity to come to campus to experience the MTSU academic and student services programs, as well as registering for classes. For further information, please contact the CUSTOMS Orientation Office or call 615-898-5533.
Frequently Asked Questions
I am a transfer student. What steps should I take to get registered for the upcoming semester?
New transfer students need to complete the admission process first. Visit How to Apply and click on Transfer Students for more information; contact the MTSU Admissions Office (615- 898-2111) for any questions concerning applications. After you are accepted, register for Transfer CUSTOMS (new student orientation).
How can I find information about a particular major?
- Programs of Study webpage
- Academic department's website
- MTSU Undergraduate Catalog: Click on Majors on the left, then find your major in the list. Click on the star on the top right to add the program to My Portfolio for future reference. (Haven't signed up for My Portfolio yet? Click on the link at the bottom of the left menu.)
- If you're interested in the nursing program, email NursingInfo@mtsu.edu to request more info.
How can I determine whether my classes at another school will transfer to MTSU?
Use the Transfer Equivalencies at MTSU (TEAM) site to check:
- Go to How to Apply.
- Click on “Transfer”, then “Transfer Equivalencies”.
- Read the instructions carefully.
- Click on "Continue to Search Equivalencies".
- In the search box at the bottom, type a portion of the school’s name then hit Enter. Alternately, you can click on a state then choose a school from the list.
- In the search box at the top, type the course subject ("MATH"), specific course number ("MATH 1710"), or all or part of the course name ("Algebra").
- If you’re having trouble finding a class, try putting in different combinations of spaces and zeros (e.g., "ENGL0202" vs "ENGL 202"), or just put the class's subject prefix (e.g., "ENGL" to see a list of all of the English classes) then narrow it down from there.
Please note that the T.E.A.M. website provides only a general overview; your transcript will be officially evaluated and actual equivalencies determined upon admittance to Middle Tennessee State University.
I'm interested in the nursing program. Can I meet with an advisor?
You'll start by attending one of our First Friday nursing information sessions. (Please let us know to expect you!) If you have questions and wish to speak with someone after attending a session, reading this webpage, and reviewing the Nursing Admission Requirements webpage carefully, you may schedule an appointment with an academic advisor.
As noted above, selection of and registration for classes will occur during your Customs new student orientation session. There is no need to schedule an individual advising appointment for that purpose.
Need to contact the MT One Stop, Student Health Services, or the ITD Help Desk? Wondering where to find the Game Room, Career Development Services, or the Tutoring Spot? Check out this helpful guide for the contact info of some of the many student services available to you at MTSU!
|Campus Map||Contact Us|
Be sure to also visit the Toolbox webpage for your major, using the links on the left!