Quality Control Manager
|Company Name||Texas Concrete Partners|
|Date Posted||Mar 13, 2019|
Position Title: Quality Control Manager
JOB SUMMARY: Manages all aspects of quality control for products manufactured at specified location. Establishes and maintains standards according the industry and product design specifications to ensure high quality, competitive products are produced constantly. Ensures all measures are taken to maintain PCI Plant certification. Accountable to Quality Control Leads and Technicians for providing leadership to support their contributions to the company’s quality control mission of producing superior products consistently.
- Under minimal supervision, this position is responsible for managing the Quality Control Function and staff.
- Oversees Quality Control Team duties including (but are not limited to): specification reviews, material and mix design submittals, mix design submittals, and material evaluation, and product inventory.
- Sets performance standards to meet companywide technical quality and service goals
- Create and implement inspection criteria and procedures and direct testing and inspection activities and lead employees who perform these functions.
- Interact with production staff to oversee, develop and maintain company standards and quality control measures.
- Monitor and analyze the results of tests and measurements and provide feedback to production managers and/or supervisors.
- Provides coaching to Quality Assurance team to achieve high performance. Insures that appropriate facilities, equipment, materials and training are provided.
- Confer with Operations Manager and/or Project Management to determine customer requirements and develop plans and actions to meet those requirements.
- Works with Operations Manager to ensure state DOT requirements and specifications are understood and communicated to appropriate personnel.
- Assist Operations Manager with updating Quality Control Manual, as needed.
- Maintain exemplary relations with inspectors and customers when reviewing projects and resolving issues.
- Assist in the development and implementation of quality control training programs.
- Prepare company for various types of audit, including PCI.
- Participate in meetings, and other initiatives, as needed.
- Work closely with Operations Manager to remedy general production issues as needed to ensure product meets quality standards.
- Ensure mix designs match what is defined and outlined in the plans and specifications.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Understands pre-stress plant practices and quality control procedures.
- Ability to read and interpret job specifications and code requirements.
- Minimum of 3-5 years applicable experience.
- ACI Certification, PCI Level I, II required, III preferred. If not the employee must be able to pass PCI Level III within one year of hire.
- Experience dealing with various mix design concepts, preferably in a pre-stress environment.