Technical Service Representative
|Company Name||Lafarge Holcim|
|Date Posted||Mar 13, 2019|
POSITION PURPOSE Assist the assigned sales force in providing technical and marketing services for customers and monitoring the quality of LafargeHolcim products.
This position is located in our Ste Genevieve Cement Plant located at: 2942 US Hwy 61, Bloomsdale, MO 63627
- Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.
- Prepare and mix concrete batches
- Perform physical testing on freshly batched and hardened concrete (e.g. temperature, slump, air content, unit weight, time of setting, compressive and flexural strength)
- Perform other concrete related testing such as sieve analysis, specific gravity/absorption on aggregates, heat of hydration (calorimetry), expansion/shrinkage of specimens, air-void analysis, and others per ASTM & AASHTO approved methods
- Maintain and calibrate laboratory equipment
- Support customers in development of marketing strategies for cementitious products.
- Work with customers and LafargeHolcim personnel in cement and concrete analysis, promotional activities and training.
- Troubleshoot and handle customer quality-related complaints.
- Support market managers on technical issues related to marketing multiple product lines.
- Develop a strong contact base with customers, DOTs, trade associates, architects, engineers and public affairs.
- Other duties as assigned.
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHER JOBS Excellent understanding of the cement & concrete industry and well versed in the uses of admixtures (chemical and mineral). Good understanding on the relevant cement and concrete specification standards
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Required Education: Associates/Technical Degree
Field of Study Preferred: Engineering or Technical Degree
Required Training/Certifications: ACI concrete field testing technician level 1 and/or ACI concrete strength testing
Required Work Experience: 3-5 years of experience in concrete or construction related field preferred
Travel Requirements: 10% - 20%
Required Computer and Software Skills: Proficient (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Additional Requirements: Knowledge of pipe/block manufacturing. Knowledge of the aggregate industry as it relates to the performance of concrete.