Work Crew Supervisor
|Company Name||Exterior Maintenance Service, LLC|
|Date Posted||Apr 01, 2019|
Title: Work Crew Supervisor
Reports to: Vice President
SUMMARY: The Work Crew Supervisor oversees the activities that take place on the worksite and is responsible for supervising the work crew while maintaining a safe, secure, and healthy work environment. The Work Crew Supervisor is also responsible for training and monitoring performance of work crew employees.
- Must have a positive attitude and willingness to encourage co-workers
- Excellent communications skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Understanding of proper safety procedures and recognition of hazards
- Application of product and material during cleaning of asphalt, concrete and other materials.
- Sealing of asphalt, concrete and other materials.
- Jobsite cleaning, operating equipment and applying various types of products. Some of the products may be hazardous materials. Efficiently operate all equipment required for cleaning, sealing and striping jobs.
- Applies knowledge of commercial driving and skills in maneuvering equipment at varying speeds in difficult situations, such as heavy traffic, inclement weather or other tight areas.
- Performs all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures, and complies with Federal, State, and Local regulations for the safe and legal operation of a commercial motor vehicle and all equipment.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to sit, operate equipment and remain alert while driving for an aggregate period of up to twelve hours.
- Must be able to operate foot pedals and steering wheel.
- Must be able to occasionally reach above shoulder level, at waist level, and below waist level for maneuvering and directing the controls to operate the truck.
- Must be able to enter and exit the equipment cab eight to ten times a day. Cab floor level is generally from 36 to 66 inches above ground level, with entry and exit achieved with the assistance of various configurations of steps and hand holds; also requires occasional bending, twisting, climbing, squatting, crouching, and balancing.
- Must be able to perform crouching to handle and position equipment.
- Must be able to lift at least 80 lbs.
- Must be able to spend significant portions of the day standing and walking on surfaces such as concrete, wood, and metal, and sometimes on slippery and wet surfaces.
- Employees may spend significant lengths of time outdoors, exposed to potentially difficult weather, and environmental conditions, such as dust and diesel exhaust fumes.
- May be subject to irregular work schedules, trips, short notice for assignment of a trip, tight schedules, delays en route, and other stresses and fatigue related to operating heavy equipment in high traffic areas.
- May be exposed to significant noise and vibration levels, which may be higher than those typically experienced in passenger cars.
The purpose of this position description is to serve as a general summary and overview of the major duties and responsibilities of the job. It is not intended to represent the entirety of the job nor is it intended to be all-inclusive. Therefore, the position may be required or requested to perform other work duties not specifically listed. Management reserves the right to modify, defer or rescind this position description at any time, with or without prior notice.
Experience Requirements: 5-7 of years supervising asphalt / pavement repair and maintenance projects preferred.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resumé to:
Exterior Maintenance Service
Attention: Kemith Nichols 2913 McGavock Pike Nashville, TN 37214
* You must be legal to work in the United States