|Company Name||Rogers Manufacturing Corp|
|Date Posted||Apr 23, 2019|
Rogers Manufacturing Corp is the leading choice in wood floor and roof trusses, beams and hardware. They are looking for a Truss Designer. If you would like more information on this position please see the attached PDF. If you would like to apply, send resume to Jeremy Davis at email@example.com.
Truss Designer Duties:
Once initial 6 months – year training period is completed with design software, the following job duties are instituted:
- Design Roof and Floor Systems for purposes of producing Estimates and fabricationrelated Shop Drawings for residential, commercial, & multi-family projects.
- Prepares Floor & Roof truss layouts.
- Must be capable of following instruction(s) & adhering to procedures as relayed by Engineering Department Manager as pertains to design specifications and quantity of required materials.
- Must be capable of efficiently communicating with all professional parties involved in Construction of project.
- Effectively & efficiently work with sales team & Client regarding all aspects of design(s)
- Operate computer-aided drafting (CAD) equipment or conventional drafting station to produce designs, working drawings, charts, forms and records.
- Draw rough and detailed scale plans for based on preliminary concepts, sketches, engineering calculations, specification sheets and other data.
- Coordinate structural, electrical and mechanical designs and determine a method of presentation to graphically represent Truss Placement Plans
- Discusses changes and corrections with engineers, architects and contractors prior to and during construction.
- Producing material list(s) – Truss hardware & Engineered Beams
- Resolves architectural and design discrepancies.
- Assists in shipping department.
- Performs other duties as necessary.