Our thoughts go out to our Blue Raider community during this time of transition because of the impact of COVID-19. We are eager to continue providing the support students need to perform well academically while taking care of their mental health needs. In keeping with recommendations for social distancing, we are suspending face-to-face counseling sessions and groups; and will now be shifting to telehealth services for the remainder of Spring 2020.
- In order to maximize our ability to see as many students as possible during this challenging time, we will limit the number of clients we accept for on-going, weekly sessions. Our primary focus will be providing supportive care and problem-solving assistance during one-time appointments.
- Telehealth appointments will be conducted via Microsoft Teams. Students will be emailed instructions of how to login to Teams through their MTmail account. If a student experiences technical difficulties, an appointment may be conducted by phone until the issue can be resolved.
- Students who need support and do not have an assigned counselor may call Counseling Services to schedule a telehealth screen appointment. During this screen, the counselor will listen to the student’s concerns and make recommendations of treatment options.
- Students who have an assigned counselor should monitor their MTSU email for secure messages concerning updates from Counseling Services or their counselor.
- Students whose treatment needs are more long-term or specialized in nature; will be assisted in connecting to outside treatment providers.
- Students currently residing out-of-state will be assisted in finding mental health providers near their home.
- Our hours remain the same: Monday-Friday: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
What We Offer in Counseling Services
- Short-term Counseling
- Crisis Services
- Referral Services
- Short-term Psychiatric Services
- Outreach & Programming Services
- Consultation Services
Testing Services (Academic)
Testing Services offer a variety of standardized tests required for entering graduate school, nursing school, or teacher-preparation programs, as well as various other exams. These services are offered to both students and the public.
We look forwarding to meeting with you face to face in the future.
View more information on the University’s response to COVD-19.